Thursday 15 March 2012

A little bit of luck and a lot of blessings.

My first audition, comprised of an hour and a half trip to Sandton and a 2 hour wait before being seen. After this I was photographed, gave my name, my age, my agent, turne the left, turned to the right, smiled and showed the camera my hands. After 4 years of studying drama, neither the Meisner technique nor Stanislavski was going to help me get this part.

2 days later I got a phone call from my agent. A callback was on the cards. This consisted of another 3 hour round-trip to Sandton and back, but this time i was asked to look busy with various loavs of bread and then raise my hand. At least this time I was given an intention.

A week's wait later and the amazing phone call came. I was going to be in my first advertisement. I went to my next casting call feeling like a professional. I had gotten my first job already hadn't I and I was now a professional actress.

I was heareded into a room with 20 other hopefulls, mostly tall lean, model looking types who ate in a week what I ate in a day, and told to look like I was getting cold. I didn't make it past the first round.
Which is, I suppose, the fickle nature of our industry, and what keeps us all striving and trying!

No comments: